Leibster award nomination from Ngaire
Love and thanks to Ngaire Elder who nominated me for the Liebster award, I am honoured that she has thought of me.
1. What is your favourite book, and why?
This is very difficult, I have so many but if I am was to choose one for my childhood it would be A. A .Milne’s ‘Winnie the pooh.’ But the grown up would go for Terry Pratchett’s ‘ Discworld books’ ‘Witches abroad’ or something to that effect, or Tolkien’s work.
2. What was the worst thing you did as a child?
Mmm, well I am a bit of an experimenter! So his my niece, we decided that we needed to get my father’s lighter at the ripe old age of 5 and 6 and see how velvet on the back of a wardrobe burned! Worse than that, it was three weeks to my big sister’s wedding (big white wedding) and guess what was sat in said wardrobe???? Have you guessed? Her big white wedding dress and brides maid dresses.
What was even better was her husband to be was a fireman, so as we decided it didn’t really burn that well, we went out to play shutting the door behind us, the whole room burned. My poor brother-in-law had to come and put it all out.
I can only say, ‘boy did we get into trouble!’
3. What type of candy/sweet would you be and why?
A skittle – because of my multiple personality! LOL Well you don’t get sarcastic sweets do you really?
4. Tell us one of your favourite quotes …
“Okay, wipe yoursel’ off man… you dead!” Chris Tucker, from one of the Rush Hour films.
5. Your ideal holiday destination, where would it be and why?
Not bothered as long as it’s hot, with a beech and books are available.
6. What film made a lasting impression upon you?
All films make a lasting impression on me, I’m such a baby, I cry if it’s happy or sad. I love films like Twister, 2012, day after tomorrow. I have to say I could probably even shed a tear or two watching star trek!
7. You have been invited to dine with Queen Elizabeth II, what would you wear and what would you talk about (choose 3 topics)?
I would wear my smart black trouser suit and a white shirt, with my flat black shoes. Topics, I’d love to know about some of her terrific travels, why she likes corgi’s, if she liked the twilight films LOL.
8. What is your greatest strength and biggest weakness?
I am diverse, can do anything I put my mind to with a lot of staying power, but I will give up on something easily if it just seems to get on my nerves too much.
9. Is there an Author that you would really like to meet?
10. Where were you born and where do you call home?
I was born in UK Birmingham, I live in Worcestershire, not that I like it here that much, I’d love to live in Stratford-Upon-Avon or somewhere similar. I do love my house though, but daren’t let my husband fix anything, he’s a DIY disaster.
11. What is the name of your most recent book and if you had to sum it up in 30 or less words, what would you say?
Bellazard (When the dragons went missing).The Children’s version of The Voxians series.
This book is not about a dinosaur or a dragon, but has many weird and wonderful things in it, including Voxian children with superpowers!
Now for my questions and nominees:
1. What type of Genre do you like to read?
2. Who influences you to write?
3. If you were a dog, what type or bred would you be and why?
4. Tell me about a funny situation you have found yourself in?
5. What is your main strength as a person?
6. What would you do if you won a million pounds/dollars?
7. Who is your favourite actor or actress?
8. What of the latest films on at the cinema would you pay to see?
9. If you were a bookshop, where would you like to be?
10. Which author would you most like to interview?
11. Tell us about your latest, greatest work? Where can we find it?
My Victims/friendly nominees are yet to be named!